Here at Digital Inca, i share my thoughts and recommendation solely based on real experience I've had using various online products or services so that readers can get best value out of money they spend.
Nowadays, we see online marketing taking the plunge into the market. Every business owner wants to come online to generate some extra figures. It is quite evident that to come online, you need to have a professional website. Be it an e-commerce store, a blog, services or even SaaS (software as a service) website.
To get your dream website up and about, you don't need to have a technical bone in your body. Where technology has evolved so much that you can develop your website within a day or less using Wordpress. But, if you don't want to waste your time in learning and execution. Sure, you can hire a Wordpress developer.
But the essential part of getting started with your site is buying a domain name and hosting. In this guide, I will share my review on Vapourhost hosting service. Keep reading...
Is Vapourhost a good service? Review of Vapourhost hosting
VapourHost was launched in 2016 with a vision of providing the easiest way for small business owners, bloggers, and marketers to host website without needing much knowledge.
When I started building my first website in 2015, I was skeptical about choosing the best hosting provider. Hence, I had to do a lot of research before choosing my first hosting company. Thankfully, you have me, so you don't need to waste your time finding it. You'll soon find why!
I ultimately choose Vapourhost for several reasons, including the following:
- It is cheap! Starting @₹60/month.
- I liked the idea of a one-click Wordpress installation.
- They offer full 30 days-refund guarantees if one is not satisfied with their service or product.
Vapourhost has all the features required to host a website. Let's take a deep dive into it:
1. Free SSL Certificate: Not many people are aware of the SSL certificate. SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer; it provides authentication to the website and enables an encrypted connection.
In the above screenshot, you'd see a green padlock that only shows besides the URL when you have SSL Certificate. Else, it will show a caveat not secure, which might create a doubt in visitor's minds while browsing your site. In fact, Google had also set the deadline in 2018 for HTTPS and warned publishers to upgrade soon.
Hosting providers generally charge extra bucks to get it installed on your website, whereas vapourhost does not charge a single penny for SSL certificate.
This is the reason why I have put SSL Certificate to the forefront of the reason why vapourhost is value for money.
2. Free Backups Daily & Weekly: Most of the time, we like to explore different features amidst what we mess things up. At that point, you wish if you could get everything back to normal like before. I have been to that situation many times. Hence, having a backup is for anyone. Vapourhost do provide a backup facility. So next time you break something, you can always restore.
3. Customer Support: I must say they are accommodating whenever I used to get stuck at any point in time. Although they only provide chat support. They don't have call support! But the reality is, the kind of quick support you get from their end, is incomparable to any hosting provider you'd stumble upon. Yes, that's true!
Because when you get a call support, it takes 2 minutes of time talking to bot to get the call connected to the real agent and then, you confirm your account details, which takes another 2-3 minutes. And there's no guarantee that your issue will get resolved amidst the call. They might create a ticket and tell you to wait for another few hours to get it resolved. You see how time-consuming it can be.
They give you support through Facebook messenger or you can submit a ticket. I found out Facebook messenger to be much quicker as you directly get in touch with the Founder, Chirag Aggarwal. On an average, they have taken about 15-30 minutes to get my issues resolved, which is way more convenient than call support according to my experience. Rest is your call; you better know your own needs!
4. Speed & Security: They utilize CloudLinux for superior isolation of each user account so that it prevents your website from getting compromised. In my 4 years of experience, i haven't seen any of my websites getting hacked in their servers.
Talking about speed, they have different plans which provide separate space & bandwidth.
Here is a list of their professional plans:
I personally use Pro Plan 3, which is suitable for hosting multiple websites without any hassle. It is fast, reliable, and hardly causes any issue. If you have massive traffic coming to your website. Then, you might want to explore power plans which start @₹299/month.
Overall, Vapourhost is a decent hosting which I recommend to every rookie who wants to start something online.